Friday, February 7, 2014

Stamp Transformation

It is so ironic that the video, Project Inspiration: Transform Your Stamps, was uploaded within the past week and I just watched it on Tuesday, February 4. Over the weekend I was looking at the Yosemite layout shown at the beginning of this video (and on page 88 of the Spring/Summer 2014 Idea Book) and deconstructing how they created the "to something special" in the upper right of the photograph. Jill did not mention it in this video, but that phrase is from the My Acrylix® Funky Blossoms Stamp Set (B1452) on page 90 of the IB. Only part of the phrase was stamped. If you look closely at the right side of that layout, you will see the border stamp from Funky Blossoms was also used. I did not think I needed that stamp set, but over the weekend I decided I do.



The CTMH Corp. description  of Project Inspiration: Transform Your Stamps is "Think outside the stamp set theme! Watch the video for ideas on transforming your icon stamps into borders, embellishments, and backgrounds using the My Acrylix™ Do Your Best stamp set, and then contact your Close To My Heart Consultant to purchase the necessary supplies."

Products used in the video:
Some of the tips mentioned in the video:
  • create your own B&T™ papers with the animal stamps from the Do Your Best Stamp Set
  • when you random stamp use a triangular pattern
  • you can stamp very close together or further apart, just keep it consistent throughout your stamping
  • go off the page a little to make it appear random and to fill the entire space
  • you can also sponge or distress some of the pages for more unique B&T™ papers
I hope today's video inspired you to take a second look at stamp sets you thought you would never use.


If you are ready to place an order the Show Now button will take you to my Online Business Address. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.