Today's video is DIY: Easy 3-D Effects. The CTMH Corp. description is "Ever wanted to turn a flat Cricut® shape into a 3-D element but didn't know how? Watch the video to learn how easy it is to create beautiful 3-D embellishments from flat Close To My Heart Cricut® Artbooking shapes. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3-D!"
Products featured in the video:
- Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection (Z1686)
- Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z1790)
- Cricut® Artbooking Collection (Z1906)
- Bone Folder (Z1204)
- center your die cuts over the groove in your Surecut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer (Z1783) and use a Bone Folder (Z1204) in the groove to score the paper and create crisp folds
- the ornaments were created with four flat shapes scored down the middle and glued together using Liquid Glass (Z679)
- the heart garland has nine hearts along the length of twine and each was created with three flat shapes; some hearts were stamped before scoring; only score two of the die cuts as the third will be used as a base
- place adhesive (to the wrong side of the paper) on one folded side of a heart and attach the other folded heart
- lay the flat heart (base) on your table, add some adhesive, lay the twine on top and attach the folded hearts
- the film strip book on the mini album page is from the Artbooking cartridge
- cut two film strip die cuts
- before scoring the film strips, back the squares with cardstock in a color that coordinates with your project
- score between the openings on the film strip and where you have it backed with cardstock you may need to score a little harder
- staple the film strip book along the back edge (single layer, fold, single layer, single layer, fold, single layer) after embellishing
- in the middle of the completed film strip book, add some washi tape over the "binding" to give it a more finished look
I don't know about you, but this makes me look at banners in a fresh light. And I cannot wait to try the film strip idea.
If you do not have a CTMH Independent Consultant yet, I would be happy to be your Consultant. If you are ready to place an order the Show Now button will take you to my Online Business Address.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.