Monday, February 24, 2014

Last Week the E2, This Week the Imagine

I love scrapbooking tools even when they make me want to pull my hair out (well maybe I do not love them all of the time). I would like the opportunity to try all different types of tools. I wish I could afford to try them all. Someday I would like to go somewhere (retreat maybe?) where I can try the tools I have not had an opportunity to use yet.

That said, I decided to pull out my Imagine and use it. It has been a few months since I last played with it. The last time I used it I had to apply the last of the firmware updates that Cricut provided. Now I can use HP print cartridges with it. The Imagine can print wonderful edge-to-edge paper. I will continue to use my Imagine for that if nothing else. I recently purchased several mats so I have a stock on hand (and they work in my Expression).

The first thing I created was the milk carton cut from the Artiste cartridge after printing it filled with content from the All Wrapped Up cartridge. I am thinking of items I can use to hold candies for little gifts or "bake sale" items.

All Wrapped Up Milk Carton

The next thing I created was the Movie Ticket card and envelope (on the M key) from the Artiste cartridge. I cut the envelope at 5.9 inches after filling it with this great floral print from the All Wrapped Up cartridge and the ticket card at 3.9 inches and they fit perfectly. I had forgotten to create them relative to each other so my first ticket card was too large. I think I will use that on a layout in the future.

MovieTicketCard

Here is what the set looks like when the card is not in the envelope. It is not a traditional card; that is there is no fold so there is an inside and outside.

MovieTicketCard-Open


I need to finish the card. I am thinking it would make a bold Easter or Welcome Spring card. I need to browse through my stamps and make a decision. I will try to remember to post when I complete it.

I hope I have given you a glimmer of inspiration today. Thanks for stopping by.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.