The CTMH Corp. description of this week's video Artbooking Made Easy: Nursery Rhymes is "The nursery-themed keys on the Cricut® Artbooking cartridge from Close To My Heart will have you singing nursery rhymes, reliving childhood memories, and reminiscing about your baby's first years. Watch the video to see these two keys in action."
A few points I want to be certain that you do not miss while watching the video:
- there are two nursery layout keys on the Artbooking cartridge
- you will find the keys on pages 84 and 85 of the Artbooking booklet
- as Jill shows us on the "hello world" layout, do not be afraid to experiment with Real Dial Size; the overlay shown on page 85 were cut at 2 inches using Real Dial Size and used to create a tone-on-tone background; the overlays were attached with stitching on point (see Jeanette Lynton's blog post for a better view)
- on the "sweet" layout the overlay was cut at 11 inches without Real Dial Size and was backed with buttercup cardstock; the simplest way to cut the buttercup backing cardstock is in Cricut® Craft Room using the hide contour feature; read more about hide contour/hide cut line on Cricut®'s Craft Room Getting Started website under Edit Images
- to create the banner (page 85 of handbook), use scraps of cardstock to fill in the color
- when Jill was pointing to the owl I believe I saw a reflection which leads me to think that the base of the owl was cut from the Paper Fundamentals Basics Assortment (Z1939)
- if you are a cardmaker you will also find many uses for the Artbooking cartridge; the card base for "baby boy" card was notched at the top to keep the shape over the overlay used
- in Jeanette Lynton's post, Artbooking Made Easy: Nursery Layouts, you will find several closeup photos and, while all supplies used to create these project are not listed, the post confirms my suspicion that the Paper fundamentals Basics Assortment was used on the owl :-)
Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase the Artbooking collection at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks for visiting today.