This CTMH Corp. description of this week's video Artbooking Made Easy (S01E09): Festive Mini Albums is "With the Cricut® Artbooking cartridge from Close To My Heart, your photos will find a cozy home on the pages of a dazzling holiday mini album. Watch the video to gather your own ideas on how to use its themed keys to create merry and bright holiday projects that last."
Featured items used in this video:
- Cricut® Artbooking Collection (Z1906)
- Sparkle & Shine Paper Packet (X7176B)
- Sparkle & Shine Complements Dimensional Elements (X7176C)
- Sparkle & Shine Assortment (Z1860)
- Sparkle & Shine Washi Tape 3-Pack (Z1907)
A few points I want to be certain that you do not miss while watching the video:
- the 10x8 Festive Mini-Album can be found on pages 56 and 57 of the Artbooking handbook
- the recommended size to set your dial is listed below the image; once you set the size everything will you cut will be proportional and will fit in the album
- use only a portion of the overlay to accent your pages; save the rest to use later in the album
- fold Washi tape back on itself (sticky sides together) and cut dove tails on the end to create some loose flags
- use backing paper, stamping and embellishments to highlight the cut-outs on pages
- use only a portion of a full page to create a mini page
- use embellishments to cover up the cut-outs if you want a different title or icon
- use the overlays as a mask for misting or sponging
- when misting, do a test spritz before spraying on your project; stay about 12 inches above your project for more even coverage; if you want a blotchy look, spray closer to your project
- stabilize titles that are cut out with the page (see page 57 of the handbook) by cutting a second page and trimming off the title and mounting it on the page; cutting it from another color will also highlight the title
- if using twine or ribbon to bind your book, do not tie too tightly or you will have trouble turning the page; put your finger or a pencil within the loop before knotting to give more room for turning the page
Contact me if you would like to learn how you would be able to purchase the Artbooking collection at 1/2 off by hosting a Gathering either in-home or on-line.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks for visiting today.