Friday, October 18, 2013

October CTMH Festive Friday Blog Hop

Welcome to our October CTMH Festive Friday Blog Hop. The hop is organized by Diane Tuggle and starts at her blog The Happy Scrapbooker. This is a circular hop so it does not matter where you start - just keep hopping until you reach the post where you started.

You should have arrived at my blog from The Sassy Scrapper - Theresa Miller.

I made a Thanksgiving card for this month's hop.
201310FestiveFridayCard

Here is a closeup of some of the elements on the card:
201310FestiveFridayCard_closeup

I started with a card from the 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" Colonial White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack (X1410). I stamped the corn stalk from Count Your Blessings (C1555) directly on the card base using the Archival Black Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pad (44751). Then I stamped the pumpkin on a piece of scrap Colonial White cardstock (1388). I colored both in with Watercolor Pencils (3505) and used a water brush to blend (I would have used a Blending Pen (3174), but mine was en route to Utah for the Album Retreat). I fuzzy cut around the pumpkin after coloring it.

Using the technique I posted on Saturday, October 12, I cut dove tails into a scrap strip of Kraft cardstock (Z1375). Then I used the Stitch Guide (Z1852), Foam Mat (Z1859) and Piercing Tool Kit (Z1114) to create the border and center design on the banner. I used some of my mother's decorative thread and a needle to stitch.

I stamped "Blessed" using the swipe technique (if this is a new-to-you technique, you will find a video on my September 13, 2012 post) and an Autumn Terracotta Exclusive Inks® Stamp Pad (Z2101) on a piece of scrap Colonial White cardstock (1388) and cut a dove tail on one end.

I cut a piece of Sarita paper (X7171B) to fit the height of the card and then tore one edge. I used the chocolate Distressing Inks (Z1296) on the torn edge.

I used Tombow® Adhesive (1514) to attach the Sarita paper and stamped "Blessed". I use 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151) to attach the pumpkin and banner to the card to give it some dimension.

Thanks for visiting today. I would love to hear your thoughts about my card. I hope that you are enjoying the hop.

Your next stop is Be"hoot"iful Scrapbooking - Scrappin' with Ash - Ashley Denny.


The hop is organized by Diane Tuggle and the entire list of stops on this hop is posted on her blog The Happy Scrapbooker.

Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. love it, and the stitching adds a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and the stitching takes it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are is fantastic.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring and stitching!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT card, Brenda! LOVE the subject matter and all the lovely details! Nice job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitching makes the card! Pretty, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all of you for stopping by and leaving comments. I am glad you found a chance to hop. Your kind comments were nice to come home to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.