Yuletide Joy (S1610) is an exclusive D-size set of 7 stamps that is only available for purchase during the month of October 2016. The stamp set is available for $5 when you place an order of $50 or more in qualifying Close To My Heart products. Recommended CTMH My Acrylix® Blocks for this stamp set are: 1" x 3½" (Y1002) and 3" x 3" (Y1006). The images outlined in red (star and stocking) coordinate with the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge (Z3171) – retired.
You should have arrived here from ***Lauren Moore's CTMH Craftings***. If you get lost along the way, Melinda Everitt keeps a list of participants on her blog at If You Bling It.
When I saw this stamp set I thought gift tags or ornaments on the tree. For this first set of tags I searched the CTMH Cricut® Collections for shapes that look like they could be made into tags for the stamps that did not have coordinating Cricut® images. The image on the left is a tag from Artistry and the image on the right is a slider tag from Art Philosophy.
I also cut the images mirrored because I knew the ShinHan markers would bleed through the cardstock a bit and I wanted the tags to look as neat as possible. In the photo below you are seeing the opposite side of the tag from the photo above. If I stamped and colored on the mirror image I think these would make cute ornaments for a Christmas tree for a young person with their first apartment.
I created some ornaments using the cuts that coordinate with stamps in this set. I created hangers by using the Insert Shapes feature in Cricut® Design Space. I added a 0.5" and a 0.25" circle. I then centered them horizontally and vertically and used the slice option. I then took the resulting shape, sort of link a doughnut, layered it slightly on the shapes and used the weld option. This photo shows the mirrored image to hide the marker. I was able to stamp on both stars to create a double-sided ornament; I will stamp a name on the back of the stocking ornament to personalize it.
I also created some single-layer tags. Clockwise starting in the upper left: (1) stamped with New England Ivy ink and stamped with VersaMark ink then heat embossed with clear powder, (2) stamped with Ruby pigment ink and heat embossed with clear powder, (3) stamped with Black Memento ink and (4) stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed with gold powder. I wish the sheen from the heat embossing showed better in the photo.
I hope you like what I created with the stamp set.
Before you head to ***Inky Scrapper by Haley Dyer***, the supplies I used to create my project are listed below.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- My Acrylix™ October 2016 SOTM: Yuletide Joy Stamp Set (S1610)
- My Acrylix™ Pen Pal Alphabet Stamp Set (B1539)
- 12" × 12" Colonial White Cardstock (1388)
- Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899)
- ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ Markers in the following colors:
- Marigold (Z2457)
- Golden Yellow (Z2452)
- Leaf Green (Z2454)
- Vivid Green (Z2466)
- Lavender (Z2453)
- Tender Pink (Z2464)
- Cherry Pink (Z2450)
- Carmine (Z2448)
- New England Ivy Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2135)
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad (Z891)
- Enchantment Exclusive Inks™ Mini Pigment Pads Set (Z2505) - Ruby
- Ranger™ Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder (Z2088)
- Ranger™ Princess Gold Embossing Powder (Z2066)
- Craft Heater (Z555)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Cricut® Art Philosophy Collection (Z3171)
- Star - page 49 - #M41A4D - 2.5"; ungrouped and decorative layer deleted
- Stocking - page 67 - #M402E1 - 3"; ungrouped and decorative layer deleted
- Slider Tag - page 51 - #M3F2E2 - 3.25" height; 3" width
- Cricut® Artistry Collection (Z3170)
- Tag - page 9 - #M414583 - 3.3" height; 2.2" width; ungrouped and layer deleted
- My Design Space file for the S1610 Yuletide Joy coordinating die cuts is here; you will need Art Philosophy linked to your account
- My Design Space file the tags I posted above is here; it includes the mirrored images; you will need Art Philosophy and Artistry linked to your account
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore
If you are not already working with a CTMH Independent Consultant, you may purchase all of the supplies I used at my Online Business Address. Before you leave I would be delighted if you left me a comment letting me know what you think of my project. So you do not have to scroll back up, the next stop on the hop is ***Inky Scrapper by Haley Dyer***.
Thank you for hopping with us. I hope you are finding much inspiration.