I used glitter paper on my focal image; cardstock and Jeepers Creepers paper for the sentiments.
The mouse is a little hard to see in the photo, but in person, with the glitter it pops even more against the rosette.
When I use the straws I will use mini glue dots on the back of the rosette to hold them to the straw to prevent them from slipping into the glass. I do have two strips of paper creating a loop in the back of the rosette, but the loop needs some help holding the rosette in place.
If you would like to create similar party decor, below is a list of supplies I used to create the straw "bling".
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- 12" × 12" Sea Glass Cardstock (X5789)
- Jeepers Creepers Paper Packet (X7211B)
- White Glitter Paper (Z3237)
- Black Glitter Paper (Z3236)
- Memory Book Glue Dots™ (1772)
- Memory Book Mini Glue Dots™ (Z341)
- Cricut® Artbooking Collection - physical cartridge (Z3169)
- Mouse - #M3DD60 - 2"
- Boo - #M47070 - 1.07"
- Cricut® Artistry Collection - with physical cartridge (Z3167) or digital collection without a physical cartridge (Z3190)
- Eek - #M417CAC - 1.25"
- Ghost - #M58A2ED - 2"
- Cricut® Artiste Collection (Z3170) – retired – if you created a fan as a child, you can easily create rosettes
- Border [rosette] - #M45738 - 1.22"
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore, paper straws, Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive
- If you have a Cricut® Explore, the Artiste, Artbooking and Artistry cartridges linked to your account, here is my Cricut® Design Space file to quickly recreate the this party decor