Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Happy Holidays Cardmaking Kit - Day 9 - SpookTacUlar Online Event

Welcome to Day 9 of the SpookTacUlar Online Shopping Event on Facebook. In the event I was asked about Christmas. This is my second post about Christmas cards; the cards I am sharing with you today require you to do some cutting.

In my first post about Christmas cards I shared cards created with the Cut Above™ 'Tis the Season Card Kit. The Cut Above™ kits are some of our easiest kits to complete because the pieces are pre-cut. The Workshops You Way™ have Guides that include a shopping list and cutting and assembling instructions. The Guides can downloaded from the same page where you purchase the kit - look for "Download Guide" right below the button you use to add the item to your shopping cart.

The cards I am sharing today are from the Workshops Your Way™ Happy Holidays Cardmaking Kit. When you order the Happy Holidays Cardmaking Kit you will receive:

Workshops Your Way™ Happy Holidays Cardmaking Kit

For this kit you will also need Acrylix® Blocks, ink pads (this kit uses Willow and Cranberry) and adhesive (I only used flat adhesive on my cards). As you can see, you receive whole pieces of cardstock/papers. You will need to download the Guide (it is in PDF format) for cutting and assembling the kit. The cutting is straight-forward, just have the paper oriented in the same direction as shown in the Guide so the pattern is heading the correct way (if you want your cards to match the samples in the Guide). Also, when cutting the cardstock you only need to cut ten ½" x 3¾" strips total (the diagrams shows 10 of each color, but the wording between the diagrams says 10 total and I did not what you to cut too many). It can be 10 of the Willow, 10 of the Cranberry or a combination of the two (I cut five of each color and made five Willow and five Cranberry cards just like they are shown in the Guide).


Unlike birthday or thank you cards that are used as needed, Christmas and Holiday cards are all sent around the same time so I did not try to make each one unique. Since I send cards from Florida to Colorado and places in between I am not worried that people will see they received the same Christmas card as another friend or family member. However, since there can be several friends or family members at the same address, it is important to me that every birthday and thank you card is at least a little different, and that's why I try to avoid making each card identical.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you like the cards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.