As you can see I let the embellishing on the steps rise above the steps. You can embellish as tall as the left side of the card and as wide as the "stairs" and still fit the card in a standard envelope. My card from a slight angle.
It may be a little hard to see, but the cob web and spider are cut from glitter paper and the eyes, nose and mouth of the Jack 'o Lantern, the cat's eyes and the word Halloween have been covered with shimmer brush.
I made my card using Cricut® Design Space and Cricut® Explore, but this card could also be made using previous versions of Cricut® machines. You could create the card base by hand and cut the embellishments using your Cricut®.
Cut your card base 5½" x 8½" from cardstock. In the image above, the score lines are indicated by white dashed lines and the cut line is indicated by a solid black line. The score line at 4¼" goes across the 5½" width of the card, folding the card in half making a top fold card.
Here is a photo of a card that has not been embellished so you can see how to fold on the score lines.
If you would like to create a similar card, below is a list of supplies I used to create my card. Do not be intimidated by the length of the list. Only small pieces of many colors are needed. Depending on the size of your scrap stash, you may be able to cut all of the embellishments from scraps.
All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:
- 12" × 12" Sea Glass Cardstock (X5789)
- 12" × 12" Emerald Cardstock (X5783)
- 12" × 12" Lemon Cardstock (X5785)
- Enchantment Cardstock Combo Pack (X5781) - an alternative to a full pack of Emerald and Lemon cardstock; you receive 2 sheets of each of the 10 Enchantment colors
- Jeepers Creepers Paper Packet (X7211B)
- Enchantment Fundamentals (Z3254)
- White Glitter Paper (Z3237)
- Black Glitter Paper (Z3236)
- My Acrylix™ Bitty Birthday Stamp Set (M1144) - retired
- Black Memento™ Ink Pad (Z899)
- Shimmer Brush—Clear (Z3293)
- 3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive (Z3022)
- Thin 3-D Foam Tape (Z2060)
- Bonding Memories™ Glue Pen (Z553)
- Cricut® Artbooking Collection - physical cartridge (Z3169)
- Scared Cat - #M436A3
- Jack O Lantern (6x6 Halloween Mini-Album) - #MAB71C
- Cobweb (6x6 Halloween Mini-Album) - #MAB704
- Long Leg Spider - #M408C2
- Cricut® Flower Market Collection - with physical cartridge (Z3285) or digital collection without a physical cartridge (Z3290)
- Halloween Banner - #MD72C8A
- Supplies not from Close To My Heart: Cricut® Design Space, Cricut® Explore, step card base made with free shapes in Cricut® Design Space
- If you have the Cricut® Explore, the Artbooking and Flower Market cartridges, here is my Cricut® Design Space file so my may quickly re-create this card
- If you have the Cricut® Explore and want the step card base, here is my Cricut® Design Space file for the step card base
Thank you for visiting my blog today.