Monday, October 17, 2016

Final Day - SpookTacUlar Online Event

Welcome to the final day of the SpookTacUlar Online Shopping Event on Facebook. The past couple of weeks have flown by. I hope you have enjoyed the crafty projects and products that I have shared with you.

Today a I have two more princess birthday ideas to share with you. They coordinate with the cake banner I posted yesterday. I am sorry about the "hot spots" in the photos; it is hard to take a photo of metallic paper.

The first is a Happy Birthday banner to hang in your entryway or the room where you are celebrating or cutting the cake. The background is Pixie cardstock and the letters, crowns and the background for the crowns are cut from a pink metallic paper.


The second item I created is a crown for the birthday girl to wear.


There are five small holes along the bottom of the Pixie cardstock to thread the elastic through. I placed them so they would be hidden by the decorative layer cut from metallic paper. I attached the decorative layer with 3-D Foam Tape so the elastic could move so you can tie elastic to keep the crown on the head. I thought about using a plastic head band, but I am not sure which adhesive would be strong enough to hold the crown to it. Time was also a consideration for me as any liquid glue would need to be held until set and on plastic that would have taken extra time.

If I had not run out of time, two additional ideas I had were a pop-up card like this one from the CTMH exclusive Cricut® Artfully Sent collection.


I was also thinking small versions of the crown, similar to the crown on the Happy Birthday banner, would be cute to place at the top of a pick or thin straw to place in cupcakes. I kept thinking of a princesses and her court and way trying to incorporate things to make for the party guests, but I ran out of time. It is too bad that household chores and a full time job take up some valuable crafting time.

I was able to create the cake banner (from yesterday), Happy Birthday banner and crown above from two sheets of cardstock and one sheet of metallic paper (and I did make the cake banner double-sided this evening). I have some scraps of cardstock and metallic paper left and I will try to think of some ways to use them.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart except where noted:

I hope this gives you some ideas if you want to host a princess birthday party for a special little girl in your life. Thanks for visiting today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.