Friday, January 2, 2015

51 Weeks Until Christmas 2015

You probably are cringing reading the title of my post. You might still have Christmas decorations to put away, might still have friends or family visiting (or are visiting friends or family) or are still cleaning up from your celebrations, but time marches on. I cannot express how much I wish we could stop time, even if just for a little bit. I have been off from my job that pays the bills since Christmas Day and it has been wonderful getting to do my own thing (including getting organized a bit, but not enough) and craft a little (but again, not enough). Oh, how I wish the clock would get stuck at any daylight hour tomorrow.


The holly and music image, printed on Georgia Pacific white cardstock, is actually from an embroidery company that offers patterns for machine and hand embroidery. The image is Yuletide Revelry - Music from Urban Threads. I have to admit when I was looking for the link to share with you I saw a few other designs I would love to use in my cardmaking. I discovered Urban Threads because my mother has an embroidery machine and when we purchased some designs for her to use we purchased a few I could use too. The image was colored using Lyra Rembrandt 72 Polycolor Fine Art Coloured Pencils for Artists.

I layered the colored image on paper from Rob and Bob Studio™ Holiday Slab V from Provo Craft (yes, it's been in my stash for awhile) which was layered on a white pre-cut and scored card base also from my stash.

The Joy stamp is in Let's Be Jolly from Unity Stamp Company. It was stamped with Ruby Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad (Z2170) from CTMH. The ribbon is Holly Berry in the Winter Bundle from 3 Girl JAM. The ribbon is individually hand dyed 100% Rayon, but it looks like velvet in the photo (IMO anyway). I used a Memory Book Mini Glue Dots™ (Z341) to attach the ribbon to the card.

I hope you enjoy my card and thank you for stopping by today. You will also find me on Facebook at Brenda's Paper Crafts. I would love it if you liked my page. I promise I will not fill your newsfeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I enjoy reading them.